Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Night and Day, I Love You, Too

Dear Zoe,

Today was a bit of a rough day. Not odd... you're a toddler. You had moments of wonderful behavior and moments of meltdowns.

An example...

When we went to dance class at the YMCA you walked all by yourself, like such a big girl. You held your umbrella for the rain and walked right next to me all the way to the door.

When we left dance class you were a different child. You dilly dallied down the sidewalk. You stopped right in the middle of the parking lot. I had to drag you kicking and screaming to the car. You cried and kicked all the way home.

Night and day.

Sometimes it's hard to ride the roller coaster with you. It makes for long days.

But then tonight... tired and ready for bed... with no coaxing from me... you came over to me, hugged my lap and announced "I love you Mommy. I love you." And each time I would answer "I love you Zoe" you would respond with another "I love you Mommy".

What a way to end the day.

I love you Zoe!
Mommy

No comments: